Department Of Social Services Logo

SNAP Replacement Benefits

If you were the victim of electronic theft and had SNAP benefits stolen from your current EBT Card and have not reported the loss,


Act now – Cancel your card immediately:

Call the 24-hour toll-free customer service line at 1-800-554-5268 to cancel your EBT card and protect your benefits.


SNAP Replacement Benefits

The South Carolina Department of Social Services (SCDSS) can now replace SNAP benefits that were stolen electronically from a SNAP EBT card on or after October 1, 2022 (restrictions apply).

South Carolina residents whose SNAP benefits were stolen electronically from their SNAP EBT card on or after October 1, 2022, should request a replacement of the stolen SNAP benefits immediately.

  • People who know their SNAP benefits were stolen between October 1, 2022, and June 21, 2023, must request replacement benefits by July 21, 2023.  Click here to download an Affidavit of Stolen SNAP Benefits form.  Please complete the Affidavit of Stolen Benefits form and return it to SCDSS by July 21, 2023.
  • People who discover their benefits have been stolen after June 21, 2023, have 30 days from the date they discovered the benefits were stolen to request replacement benefits. ​


How to Request Replacement SNAP Benefits:

You can request a replacement of SNAP benefits that were stolen electronically on or after October 1, 2022, in person or by mail.  


If you have already contacted the agency prior to June 20, 2023, and reported your benefits were stolen, you should have already received an affidavit it the mail to complete and return.  If you have not received an affidavit by July 1, 2023, you can download and complete one from below.


In Person:


By Mail:

South Carolina Department of Social Services

P.O. Box 1520

Columbia, SC 29202

Attention: Benefit Integrity/SNAP Fraud Replacement



Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.