Resources Developed by Youth in Foster Care
GOALL, Go Out and Learn Life, is the youth advisory board for the Department of Social Services. The youth on the board are in Foster Care. Below are resources developed by GOALL.
- SC Foster Parent Association
- County Foster Parent Association Directory (Scroll to the map to find resources by region.)
- Family Connection SC
- Family Resource Center for Disabilities and Special Needs
- Federation of Families, SC
Training and Resources
Regulations and Guidelines
- Alternative Family Cognitive Behavior Therapy (AF-CBT), Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Behavioral Management for Adolescents in Child Welfare, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Understanding Children’s Behavior and Helping Them Heal, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Trauma Resources for Caregivers and Families, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Project Best Roster of Therapists Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Birth Parents with Trauma Histories
- The Adolescent Brain: New Research and Its Implications for Young People Transitioning From Foster Care, (2011, Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative)
- Family Guide to Systems of Care for Children with Mental Health Needs, (2005 SAMSHA)
Stuck and not sure what to do next?
Call Heartfelt Calling:888-828-3555.