Parents Who Owe Child Support

Children thrive when both parents are responsible and active in their lives. Since children don’t come with an instruction book, sometimes it is helpful to look for outside resources to become the best parent you can be for your child. Whether you are just seeking information or are looking for help in overcoming challenges you may be having, there are resources to help.

The Department of Social Services has partnered with fatherhood programs across the state to help address challenges parents may have when they don’t have custody of their child. The fatherhood program is available to both moms and dads. These programs focus on parenting, overcoming barriers to paying child support, mediation skills and life skills designed to enhance the relationship between parent and child.

Click here for other resources available through the Department of Social Services and our partners.

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.