A secure way for parents to apply for child support and access important case information – any time, any day.
Whether applying for services, paying or receiving support, parents can create a unique user ID and password to view payment information, hearing dates, enforcement measures in place, update contact information and receive occasional announcements affecting their case.
Using the Child Support Portal is easy and convenient.
Click to watch a short “how to” video.
The Department of Social Services operates under federal and state laws and policies to:
- Establish fatherhood
- Set realistic orders
- Collect payments
- Reduce child support debt
However, DSS does not operate alone; DSS works closely with:
- Partners in the 46 Clerks of Court offices
- The hospitals across the state
- Employers and financial institutions across the country
- Other states and the federal government to ensure cases are handled appropriately when they cross state lines.
Community partners such as:
- The United Way
- The SC Center for Fathers and Families
- Modify Child Support SC
- SC Judicial Department - Self-Represented Litigation Visitation Packets
- South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- SC Legal Services
- Safe Place South Carolina
- Office of Child Support Enforcement, USDHHS - Administration for Children & Families