New Child Support Customer Service Portal Now Available!
The SCDSS Child Support Customer Service Portal provides a secure way for parents to access important information about their case – any time, any day.
Whether paying or receiving support, parents can create a unique user ID and password to view payment information, hearing dates, enforcement measures in place, and receive occasional announcements affecting their case. The portal can also be used to update address, phone number, employment and email information.
Child Support Portal Demonstration
Federal Stimulus Update (Posted 3-16-21):
With the passage of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, stimulus payments issued pursuant to that Act will be sent to all qualifying individuals. These stimulus payments will not be intercepted by the South Carolina Child Support Division, as they have been exempted from this action.
The Department of Social Services operates under federal and state laws and policies to:
- Establish fatherhood
- Set realistic orders
- Collect payments
- Reduce child support debt
However, DSS does not operate alone; DSS works closely with:
- Partners in the 46 Clerks of Court offices
- The hospitals across the state
- Employers and financial institutions across the country
- Other states and the federal government to ensure cases are handled appropriately when they cross state lines.
Community partners such as:
- The United Way
- The Center for Fathers and Families
- Modify Child Support SC
- SC Judicial Department - Self-Represented Litigation Visitation Packets
- South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- SC Legal Services
- Safe Place South Carolina
- Office of Child Support Enforcement