The Department of Social Services operates under federal and state laws and policies to:
- Establish fatherhood
- Set realistic orders
- Collect payments
- Reduce child support debt
However, DSS does not operate alone; DSS works closely with:
- Partners in the 46 Clerks of Court offices
- The hospitals across the state
- Employers and financial institutions across the country
- Other states and the federal government to ensure cases are handled appropriately when they cross state lines.
Community partners such as:
- The United Way
- The Center for Fathers and Families.