Help for the disabled
Under the South Carolina Combined Application Project, if you are eligible for SSI, you are eligible to receive SNAP benefits without applying at the DSS office.
You are eligible for SNAP benefits because you receive SSI.
SCCAP is a program that DSS provides in conjunction with Social Security Administration.
You should be eligible for SCCAP if
- you currently receive Supplemental Security (SSI) Check
- you live alone, or if you live with other people but are responsible for purchasing and preparing meals for yourself only
- you have no earned income.
How do I apply?
- Complete a SCCAP application form [link to 1205.pdf]
- Submit in the self-addressed envelope that will be provided for you or
- Mail it to SCCAP, South Carolina Department of Social Services, P.O. BOX 1520, Columbia, SC, 29202-1520.
If you are eligible, you’ll receive benefits the month following the date your application is received. You will be notified in writing.
You’ll receive a set amount of SNAP benefits each month (with annual cost-of-living adjustments) and may receive them as long as you continue to receive SSI and your household living arrangement remains the same.