Help for the disabled
Under the South Carolina Combined Application Project (SCCAP), if you are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you are eligible to receive SNAP benefits without applying at the DSS office.
You are eligible for SNAP benefits because you receive SSI.
SCCAP is a program that DSS provides in conjunction with the Social Security Administration.
You should be eligible for SCCAP if:
- You currently receive SSI;
- You live alone, or if you live with other people, but are responsible for purchasing and preparing meals for yourself only; and
- You have no earned income.
How do I apply?
- Complete a SCCAP application form. To access the form, click here.
- Mail it to SCCAP, South Carolina Department of Social Services, P.O. BOX 100203, Columbia, SC, 29202.
- If you are eligible, you will receive benefits from the date your application is filed. You will be notified in writing of the decision of your case.
- You will receive a set amount of SNAP benefits each month (with annual cost-of-living adjustments) and may receive them as long as you continue to receive SSI and your household living arrangement remains the same.