Waiting? So is She.It's worth it. Every single day. Make a difference that lasts.
South Carolina needs more than 1,300 new foster homes to care for our children. Learn more.
During the past three years, SC DSS collected more than 6 ½ times the national average of child support payments – collecting more than $300 million last year alone. We are now changing the way the system works to make it even better. Learn more.
- November is National Adoption Month - Nov. 19 named as statewide Adoption Day
- SC DSS Names September Employees of the Month
- SNAP Recipients in Areas Severely Impacted by Hurricane Florence to Receive Automatic Replacement of Benefits
- Notice of Abandonment - Georgetown
- SC DSS Announces August Employees of the Month
Join us in our mission to strengthen South Carolina's families.
DSS is currently hiring more than 100 positions in key jobs in child welfare. All of our child welfare positions offer you a chance to give back to your community. These positions offer many options to help care for the community.View Current Job Openings