NEW CHILD SUPPORT SYSTEM
Impact to Employers
- You will receive notification in August 2018 that the 10-month implementation period will begin in October.
- Do not change where you send income withholding payments until you are notified to do so. This will occur at the end of the 10-month phase-in period, August of 2019.
- As counties convert to the new system, the income withholding notice, which is modeled after a federally required form, might look different.
- You might get calls from the DSS Employer Services Unit, which will monitor income withholding compliance as each county converts to the new system
- Employees who do not have child support automatically withheld from their paycheck will begin making payments directly to the new State Disbursement Unit as the counties are phased in, and you might hear about the change or get questions.
- In August 2019 you will be notified to redirect all payments to the SDU.
- August 2019 is the most important date for you to remember. You don’t need to do anything until then.