Help for the Elderly
The South Carolina Elderly Simplified Application Project (ESAP) makes it easier for elderly people to apply for and receive SNAP.
You may be eligible for ESAP if household members:
- Are 60 years or older;
- Do not have earned income; and
- Do not already receive SNAP benefits under South Carolina Combined Application Project (SCCAP).
How do I apply?
- Complete a DSS ESAP Application. To access the form, click here.
- Mail it to ESAP, South Carolina Department of Social Services, PO Box 100203, Columbia, SC 29202.
- If you are eligible, you will receive benefits from the the date your application is filed. You will be notified in writing of the decision on your case.