Help for the elderly
The South Carolina Elderly Simplified Application Project (ESAP) makes it easier for elderly people to apply for and get SNAP benefits.
You may be eligible for ESAP if household members
- are 60 years or older
- do not have earned income
- do not already get SNAP benefits
How do I apply?
- Complete the DSS ESAP Application
- Mail it to ESAP, South Carolina Department of Social Services, PO Box 100229 Columbia, SC 29202.
- If you are eligible, you will receive benefits beginning the date your application is received. You will be notified in writing of the decision on your case.