Department Of Social Services Logo

How do I apply?

You may apply for SNAP benefits online, in person, or by mail or fax.

To apply for SNAP online, please visit the DSS Benefits Portal

To apply in person visit your local county office.

To apply by mail or fax, please submit your completed application to your county office.

Application in English and Spanish

Help for the disabled

Under the South Carolina Combined Application Project (SCCAP), if you are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you are eligible to receive SNAP benefits without applying at the DSS office. For more information, click here.

Help for the Elderly

The South Carolina Elderly Simplified Application Project (ESAP) makes it easier for elderly people to apply for and receive SNAP benefits. For more information, click here.


To see if you may be eligible for SNAP benefits, please visit the AM I Eligible section of the
DSS Benefits Portal.


*By continuing to the Am I Eligible section of the DSS Benefit Portal, I acknowledge that I understand that only my local Department of Social Services can make the final decision about my SNAP benefits, and that the results provided in the Am I Eligible section may not be representative of my official benefit assessment.

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.