Department Of Social Services Logo



You may apply for SNAP and/or TANF benefits online, submit your completed application form in the secure, outside drop box at any county office, mail or fax your application.

  • To apply online, please visit the DSS Benefits Portal
  • To submit an application or renewal via fax, send to (803) 734-2012.
  • If you need an application or a renewal form mailed to you, please call 1-800-616-1309.


Reporting Changes, Submitting Verification, and Submitting Renewal Forms for SNAP and/or TANF

You may report changes, submit requested verification, or submit renewal/redetermination forms for SNAP and/or TANF benefits by submitting information in the following ways:

  • By mail;
  • By faxing your local county office. Click here to find your county's SNAP/TANF fax number. 
  • By emailing your local county office. Click here for a listing of county email addresses. 
  • By submitting information in the secure, outside drop box at any county office.

 Download your Change Report Form in English and Spanish. 

To report a change or inquire on the status of your SNAP and/or TANF case via telephone, please call 1-800-616-1309.



How does DSS help?

Low-income families, whether the household has one parent or two parents, may be eligible for these services.

Families enrolled in the program are offered employment training and placement, childcare and transportation while in employment training, and a monthly stipend all designed to help parents get back to work and maintain self-sufficiency.

A caseworker is assigned to each family, who will offer assessments to see if additional screenings or services are required and will work with families to design a plan to ensure family stability within 24 months.

How to Apply

Report A SNAP/TANF Change

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.