Department Of Social Services Logo

Assistance Programs

South Carolinians who need financial assistance may be eligible to receive help through the Department of Social Services’ Assistance Programs:

  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) (cash assistance, employment and training services);
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (food stamps, employment and training services);
  • Food and Nutrition Programs (emergency food assistance, programs for seniors, healthy eating activities); and,
  • Child Care Scholarship Program (formerly known as the SC Voucher Program).

These programs are designed to strengthen families and maintain financial stability.

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.