Each SCDSS region has a Kinship Care Coordinator available to answer your questions, help you find resources and advocate for you and the children in your care:
- Upstate Region: 888-839-0155
- Midlands Region: 888-839-0157 or 888-839-0159
- Pee Dee Region: 888-854-4317
- Low Country Region: 888-854-4277
- First, call 9-1-1 or seek out emergency care if the child’s health or safety is in danger.
- Next, as soon as possible, let your SCDSS case manager know what’s going. Between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, you can call your local county office.
- For after-hours emergencies (including weekends, holidays or during bad weather) each county has a procedure that should be followed. Please use your emergency contact.