Who Should I Contact for Support?
Each SCDSS region has a Kinship Care Coordinator available to answer your questions, help you find resources and advocate for you and the children in your care:
- Upstate Region: Erica Cunningham Erica.Cunningham@dss.sc.gov 864.314-0496
- Midlands Region: Chasiti Washington Chasiti.Washington@dss.sc.gov 803.609-6933
- Pee Dee Region: Jada Moody Davis Jada.Moody-Davis@dss.sc.gov 843.731-1192
- Lowcountry Region: Arnetta Washington Arnetta.Washington@dss.sc.gov 803.584-8112
Each SCDSS region also has a Regional Foster Family Licensing and Support professional ready to assist you:
- Upstate Region: Lynne Pinson Lynne.Pinson@dss.sc.gov 803.522.6580
- Midlands Region: Avis Brabham-Moody Avis.Brabham-Moody@dss.sc.gov 803.898.8157 office; 803.622.0631 cell
- Low Country Region: Lakeshia Bryant-Seabrook Lakeshia.Bryant-Seabrook@dss.sc.gov 843-953-9586 office; 843-371-9376 Cell
- Pee Dee Region: Kaci Wingate (Interim) Kaci.R.Wingate@dss.sc.gov 843.413.6471 office; 843.616.2003 cell
Pee Dee Region
Low Country Region
- First, call 9-1-1 or seek out emergency care if the child’s health or safety is in danger.
- Next, as soon as possible, let your SCDSS case manager know what’s going. Between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, Kinship Caregivers can call your local county office.
- For after-hours emergencies (including weekends, holidays or during bad weather) each county has a procedure that should be followed. Kinship Caregiver should retrieve emergency contacts from the assigned SCDSS case manager and/or supervisor.