Department Of Social Services Logo

Contact Us

Who Should I Contact for Support?

Each SCDSS region has a Kinship Care Coordinator available to answer your questions, help you find resources and advocate for you and the children in your care:

Each SCDSS region also has a Regional Foster Family Licensing and Support professional ready to assist you:

Upstate Region
Midlands Region
Pee Dee Region
Low Country Region

Emergency Situations

  • First, call 9-1-1 or seek out emergency care if the child’s health or safety is in danger.
  • Next, as soon as possible, let your SCDSS case manager know what’s going. Between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, Kinship Caregivers can call your local county office.
  • For after-hours emergencies (including weekends, holidays or during bad weather) each county has a procedure that should be followed. Kinship Caregiver should retrieve emergency contacts from the assigned SCDSS case manager and/or supervisor.

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.