Information for Parents Receiving Support

When an order for support is added to the system, we will send the custodial parent a letter explaining payment options and include an enrollment form to select a payment option. Support payments are issued by a central unit, called the State Disbursement Unit. Customer service for the State Disbursement Unit is available at (800) 768-5858.

Direct Deposit and Prepaid Debit Card

The State Disbursement Unit provides two ways for you to receive your payments electronically. You may have payments directly deposited into your personal bank account at no charge. You may also have payments disbursed to a State-issued, Mastercard® prepaid debit card called the South Carolina Way2Go Card®.

Properly identified payments received at the State Disbursement Unit are typically deposited into your bank account or onto your prepaid debit card and are available to you in two business days.

You may also complete the enrollment form if you would like to change bank accounts or if you would like to switch to the South Carolina Way2Go Card®.

If you currently have a state-issued or Clerk of Court-issued prepaid debit card, the balance on that card will not transfer to the South Carolina Way2Go Card®. You can continue to use your previously-issued  debit card until you have spent the entire balance.


South Carolina Way2Go Card® Features and Fees


  • Dedicated 24x7 customer service with self-service and multi-lingual operator support at and (844) 207-3226
  • Option to receive alerts via text, voice or email notifying you each time money is loaded onto your card
  • Companion cards that you can manage for dependents
  • Ability to transfer funds to a bank account owned by you
  • Bill payment services
  • Mobile app


A complete fee schedule for the South Carolina Way2Go Card® can be found here.

Tips for Avoiding Fees

  • Use the card for in-person and online purchases. If a merchant allows no-fee cash back with purchases, use it.
  • Limit ATM withdrawals to 4 per month and use in-network ATMs (Click here find in network ATMs). Use a teller-assisted withdrawal at a MasterCard Member Bank or Credit Union if you reach your 4 transaction limit
  • Sign up for the Go Program Way2Go mobile app or create an online account. The mobile app is available on the Apple Store or at Google Play. From a computer, you can create an online account at
  • Make balance inquiries online, via the mobile app or by speaking with a customer service representative
  • Sign up for a low-balance and/or deposit alerts by text, email or phone. These can be set up online at or using the mobile app or by calling (844) 207-3226
  • Limit Way2GoCard IVR calls to 4 per month. Speak with a live agent to avoid IVR fees.

South Carolina Way2Go Card® Questions

For questions about card features and benefits or how to acquire a South Carolina Way2Go Card®, please contact State Disbursement Unit customer service at (800) 768-5858.

Existing cardholders can get card support at or by calling the Way2Go Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at (844) 207-3226.

How to Change Your Method of Payment

You may switch your method of payment from direct deposit to the South Carolina Way2Go Card® or vice versa by completing and mailing in a new enrollment form. Click here for the enrollment form. You may also change your direct deposit bank account in the same way.

Requests to terminate/revoke a direct deposit authorization must be made in writing and mailed to the address below. Please provide your name, Member ID, bank account number and be sure to sign your request.

Attn: CSSD EFT Processing
PO Box 1469
Columbia SC 29202-1469

Income Withholding

State law requires that the income of a payor is subject to immediate income withholding. There are limited circumstances where immediate income withholding is not required. However, if the other parent is not subject to immediate withholding, withholding will start as soon as the other parent is delinquent in making payments. This will happen if the other parent is 30 days late in making payments. The system monitors and issues an income withholding order if new employment information is confirmed for the other parent. If you are aware of employment information, call customer service at 800-768-5858.

Multiple Orders

If the non-custodial parent has multiple orders and does not pay the full amount for those orders, the payment the parent makes will be spread across all their cases. The non-custodial parent must pay the full monthly ordered amount on all cases before any payment toward arrears can be applied to your case. This does not change the amount the other parent is ordered to pay.


You may have unclaimed money…

Millions of dollars are transferred to the SC State Treasurer’s Unclaimed Property Program each year by organizations, including the SCDSS Child Support Services Division, when the rightful owners cannot be located. It only takes a minute to find out! Click the button below.

South Carolina Unclaimed Property Program

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.