You may apply for SNAP benefits online, in person, or by mail or fax.
To apply online visit SCMAPP.sc.gov.
To apply in person visit your local county office.
To apply by mail or fax, please submit your completed application to your county office.
Application in English and Spanish.
Help for the disabled
Under the South Carolina Combined Application Project, if you are eligible for SSI, you are eligible to receive SNAP benefits without applying at the DSS office.
You are eligible for SNAP benefits because you receive SSI.
SCCAP is a program that DSS provides in conjunction with Social Security Administration.
You should be eligible for SCCAP if:
- you currently receive a Supplemental Security (SSI) Check
- you live alone, or if you live with other people but are responsible for purchasing and preparing meals for yourself only
- you have no earned income.
How do I apply?
- Complete a SCCAP application form (click here)
- Submit in the self-addressed envelope that will be provided for you or
- Mail it to SCCAP, South Carolina Department of Social Services, P.O. BOX 1520, Columbia, SC, 29202-1520.
If you are eligible, you’ll receive benefits the month following the date your application is received. You will be notified in writing.
You’ll receive a set amount of SNAP benefits each month (with annual cost-of-living adjustments) and may receive them as long as you continue to receive SSI and your household living arrangement remains the same.
If you would like to see whether or not you’re eligible for benefits and what amount they might be, you can use the calculator on the SCMAPP website*.
*By continuing to the SNAP calculator, I acknowledge that I understand that only my local Department of Social Services can make the final decision about my SNAP benefits, and that the results provided by the SNAP Benefit Calculator may not be representative of my official benefit assessment.