DSS Recognizes Staff as Employees of the Month - April
April 13, 2007 - The South Carolina Department of Social Services (SC DSS) recently established a program to recognize staff members who perform their jobs exceptionally well, go above and beyond what is expected of them, and in doing so, demonstrates our core principles of competence, courage, and compassion.
The five selected for April were Gamble Anderson, an attorney with Child Support Services in Florence, Tara Bradshaw, interim director of Williamsburg County DSS, Dominique Canty, a Human Services Specialist in Adult Protective Services in Fairfield County; Lori Moody, an assistant supervisor in Child Care Licensing in the Upstate; and Sherri B. Rogers, an information systems business analyst in the SC DSS Audit Division.
Honorees are selected by their managers for outstanding performance in one or several of the following areas:
- Meets deadlines ahead of schedule.
- Initiates ideas that positively impact staff or procedures.
- Helps the Agency realize cost effective measures.
- Performs well on special projects.
- Provides “exceptional” customer service.
- Motivates others to achieve and succeed.
Staff selected for the Employee of the Month Program are awarded with:
- An invitation to join the State Director and the other honorees for lunch at the State Office in Columbia.
- A dedicated parking space at their office location for the month
- A photo and write-up displayed in the lobby of the State Office.
- A write-up sent to the awardee’s community newspaper announcing the achievement.
From left, Sherri Rogers, Tara Bradshaw, Dominique Canty, and Gamble Anderson, join SC DSS Director Susan Alford, center, when they were recently named Employees of the Month for April. Not pictured, Lori Moody.