Department Of Social Services Logo


We provide this calculator so that you can obtain an estimate of how much child support may be ordered in your case.

Complete as much information as possible for both parents.


If someone other than the mother or father has custody of the child(ren), such as a non-related third party or a grandmother, then select Another Person. If there is more than one (1) child to be supported by this action and each parent has custody of at least one child, then select Split Custody. If there is a shared custody agreement, then select Shared Custody.

If there is a Split Custody arrangement, how many children live with each parent?

If there is a Shared Custody agreement, how many overnight visits are spent with each parent per year?

If either parent is in the military, please see Section 3.1.3 of the South Carolina Child Support Guidelines regarding income. You may download military pay charts by clicking here.

(between these parents only)

(only if having priority over this action)

A parent can claim this credit only for natural or adopted children living in their home. A parent cannot claim step-children, unless there is a court order establishing a legal responsibility.

(portion covering these children only)

(portion covering these children only)

(actual amount claimed on State and Federal Return for these children only divided by 12)

Child Welfare Services Transformation

Best Outcomes for Children and Families

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.