DSS Recognizes Staff as July Employees of the Month
July 28, 2017 -- The South Carolina Department of Social Services (SC DSS) established an Employee of the Month program to recognize staff members who perform their jobs exceptionally well, go above and beyond what is expected of them, and in doing so, demonstrates our core principles of competence, courage, and compassion.
The four selected for July were Nicole Burgess, Human Services Specialist II in Adult Advocacy, Berkeley County, Eval Pride, Administrative Coordinator for Economic Services, Bamberg County, Rose Martinez-Vazquez, Director of Accounts Receivables Financial Services, at DSS State Office, Columbia and Sharon Cook, Adoption Administer for DSS Region I.
Honorees are selected by their managers for outstanding performance in one or several of the following areas:
- Meets deadlines ahead of schedule.
- Initiates ideas that positively impact staff or procedures.
- Helps the Agency realize cost effective measures.
- Performs well on special projects.
- Provides “exceptional” customer service.
- Motivates others to achieve and succeed.
Staff selected for the Employee of the Month Program are awarded with:
- An invitation to join the State Director and the other honorees for lunch at the State Office in Columbia.
- A dedicated parking space at their office location for the month
- A photo and write-up displayed in the lobby of the State Office.
- A write-up sent to the awardee’s community newspaper announcing the achievement.
From left, Rose Martinez-Vazquez, Eval Pride, DSS State Director Susan Alford, Sharon Cook and Nicole Burgess