DSS Recognizes Staff as Employees of the Month
March 15, 2017 - The South Carolina Department of Social Services (SC DSS) recently established a program to recognize staff members who perform their jobs exceptionally well, go above and beyond what is expected of them, and in doing so, demonstrates our core principles of competence, courage, and compassion.
The four selected for March were Susan Baldwin, child support specialist in the Columbia region for her work on handling caseloads and management in court; Moses Bishop, human service specialist with Florence County DSS for exceptional customer service with the public and helpful guidance and mentorship with staff; Tracy Rogers, program coordinator with the statewide Adoptions and manager of several agency Adoption programs and services; and Paulette Salley, Information Technology Manager in Columbia for her accomplishments on special child welfare assignments.
Criteria for Employee of the Month include:
- Meets deadlines ahead of schedule.
- Initiates ideas that positively impact staff or procedures.
- Helps the Agency realize cost effective measures.
- Performs well on special projects.
- Provides “exceptional” customer service.
- Motivates others to achieve and succeed.
Staff selected for the Employee of the Month Program are recognized in the following manner:
- An invitation to join the Director and the other recognized staff for lunch at the State Office in Columbia.
- A dedicated parking space at your office location for the month
- Their photo and write-up displayed in the lobby of the State Office.
- A write-up sent to your community newspaper announcing your achievement.