DSS Announces August Employees of the Month
August 17, 2017 -- The South Carolina Department of Social Services (DSS) has established a program to recognize staff members who perform their jobs exceptionally well, go above and beyond what is expected of them, and in doing so, demonstrates our core principles of competence, courage, and compassion.
The four selected for August were Tiffany Brand, Constituent Services; Aron Doten, Child Support Enforcement Manager; Bridget Hinson, ABC Quality Division in Division of Early Care and Education; and Sharon Parsonage, Child Welfare Worker.
Honorees are selected by their managers for outstanding performance in one or several of the following areas:
- Meets deadlines ahead of schedule.
- Initiates ideas that positively impact staff or procedures.
- Helps the Agency realize cost effective measures.
- Performs well on special projects.
- Provides “exceptional” customer service.
- Motivates others to achieve and succeed.
Staff selected for the Employee of the Month Program are awarded with:
- An invitation to join the State Director and the other honorees for lunch at the State Office in Columbia.
- A dedicated parking space at their office location for the month
- A photo and write-up displayed in the lobby of the State Office.
- A write-up sent to the awardee’s community newspaper announcing the achievement.
Cutline: SC DSS Director Susan Alford, center, congratulates August employees of the month from left Aron Doten, Child Support Enforcement Manager; Sharon Parsonage, Child Welfare Worker; Bridget Hinson, ABC Quality Division in Division of Early Care and Education; and Tiffany Brand, Constituent Services.