Resources Developed by Youth in Foster Care
GOALL, Go Out and Learn Life, is the youth advisory board for the Department of Social Services. The youth on the board are in Foster Care. Below are resources developed by GOALL.
Training and Resources
Forms and Tools
- ABC Child Care Program
- Family, Friend and Neighbor Child Care Enrollment and Agreement Form, DSS Form (April 12)
- South Carolina Voucher Program, Parent Handbook
- Medical/Dental Encounter Form, DSS Form
- Physician or Current Health Service Provider(s) and Telephone Numbers, DSS Form
- Foster Care Respite/ College Youth Overnight Payment Invoice, DSS Form
- NYTD Services Provided by the Youth’s Placement Provider
- Foster Parent Disaster Plan Checklist Brochure
- Foster/Adoptive Family Disaster Plan
Regulations, Guidelines and Court
- Alternative Family Cognitive Behavior Therapy (AF-CBT), Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Parenting Children with Challenging Behaviors, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Trauma Resources for Caregivers and Families, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Project Best Roster of Therapists Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Birth Parents with Trauma Histories
- The Adolescent Brain: New Research and Its Implications for Young People Transitioning From Foster Care,
- Family Guide to Systems of Care for Children with Mental Health Needs
Resources for Youth Transitioning from Care
If you are parenting a youth in care 13 years or older, please make sure that you and/or your Foster Care caseworker are working with the DSS Independent Living Division. State and regional contact information can be found here.
- Resources for Youth in Care, DSS Form 30255 (Jan 2015)
- Pathways to Success, Youth Booklet DSS Booklet 30267 (SEP 15)
- Pathways to Success: This publication gives caregivers and caring professionals an overview of the SC Independent Living Program and Educational and Training Voucher Program.
- Helping Youth Transition to Adulthood: Guidance for Foster Parents, Child Welfare Information Gateway (2013)
- Resources for Youth in Transition, Child Welfare Information Gateway
The Financial Empowerment Toolkit for Youth and Young Adults in Foster Care, developed by the Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration on Children, Youth and Families and the Office of Community Services.
The toolkit includes the following resources:
- A Financial Empowerment Toolkit for Youth and Young Adults in Foster Care
- Know Your Credit History: How to Interpret a Credit Report
- Get Tax Savvy: What You Need to Know About Taxes
- Creating a Credit Profile: How to Build Your Credit
- Protect Yourself and Your Stuff: What You Need to Know About Insurance
National Youth in Transition Database
Provides information regarding the history and purpose of the NYTD, the first national data collection service for youth aging out of foster care.