DSS Celebrates June Employees of the Month
June 22, 2017 -- The South Carolina Department of Social Services has established a program
to recognize staff members who perform their jobs exceptionally well, go above and beyond
what is expected of them, and in doing so, demonstrates our core principles of competence,
courage, and compassion.
The four selected for June were Lillie Holmes-Brown, Child Support Specialist out of Charleston
County DSS; Benita Jones, Region 3 Kinship Care Coordinator; Larry McNeil, Director of
Employee Safety; and Ann Thigpen, team leader for Central Employment Referral Compliance
Honorees are selected by their managers for outstanding performance in one or several of the
- Meets deadlines ahead of schedule.
- Initiates ideas that positively impact staff or procedures.
- Helps the Agency realize cost effective measures.
- Performs well on special projects.
- Provides “exceptional” customer service.
- Motivates others to achieve and succeed.
Staff selected for the Employee of the Month Program are awarded with:
- An invitation to join the State Director and the other honorees for lunch at the State
Office in Columbia.
- A dedicated parking space at their office location for the month
- A photo and write-up displayed in the lobby of the State Office.
- A write-up sent to the awardee’s community newspaper announcing the achievement.
Cutline: Back row from left, Shaneka McDaniel-Oliver, program manager with Accountability
Data and Research, May Employee of the Month; Stacey Richardson, program coordinator with
Food and Nutrition Division, May; Benita Jones, Region 3 Kinship Care Coordinator, June
Employee of the Month; and Lillie Holmes-Brown, Child Support Specialist in Charleston
County DSS, June; and front row from left, Ann Thigpen, team lead for Central Employment
Referral Compliance Unit Team, June; and Larry McNeil, Director of Employee Safety, June;
attended lunch with SC DSS State Director Susan Alford on Thursday, June 22, 2017.