- CACFP reimburses child and adult care programs when they serve healthy meals and snacks as part of their program.
- CACFP works to improve, develop, and maintain healthy diets and eating habits by providing guidelines for meals that help children grow and develop in a healthy way.
- All meals must meet USDA nutritional guidelines.
- CACFP also reimburses healthy meals and snacks served to children in afterschool programs and emergency shelters.
- Over 1,300 child and adult care programs in South Carolina participate in CACFP.
- CACFP programs serve approximately 19 million healthy meals annually.
Child and Adult Care Food Program
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded program that gives meal reimbursements to child care centers and adult day care centers for serving nutritious meals.
- Report A SNAP/TANF Change
- Food and Nutrition Programs
- Employer Services/Workforce Development
- Work Programs
- SC Voucher (Childcare)
- Program Integrity/Fraud
- Refugee Resettlement