Start the Application Process

Children Preferred

Please do not use this form to report abuse and neglect. The abuse/neglect number for your county is located on the SCDSS webpage at For emergencies, please contact your local law enforcement office.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

As part of its reform efforts, SCDSS entered into a Final Settlement Agreement regarding the Michelle H., federal class action lawsuit and has committed to short-term, intermediate, and long-term systemic improvements for children in foster care.

Learn More