• Most Family Independence (FI) customers will qualify to receive their FI benefits through an ePAY debit card. The ePAY debit card is linked to a personal bank account established for you at a FDIC insured bank. Only DSS authorized payments will be deposited into this account.
• Your ePAY card and information packet will be mailed to you once your case has been approved. Read the information packet carefully. If you already have an ePAY card from a previous eligibility period, you will use that to access your benefits.
• You need to select a 4 digit PIN. You will need to remember this number and keep it safe.
• You must call a customer services representative to PIN your card before you can use it. Have your ePAY card, social security number and your date of birth available when you call this number.
• Checking your balance easy and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call the customer service number on the card. However, the bank can charge fees for more than 3 calls per month. Read the information packet that came with your ePAY card carefully about ways to use your card for free and possible bank fees.
• You can also check your account information by going to
Using the internet to check your balance and transactions completed is free.
• If you need cash, you will be able to receive “cash back” when you make purchases,
depending on the store policy.
• You can also receive one “free” over-the-counter transaction each month at any bank that
• If your card is lost or stolen, call the customer service number immediately. Keep that number
in a safe place in the event you no longer have the card.
•The card can be used anywhere you see the MasterCard logo with the exception of:
- Liquor stores – this means any establishment that primarily sells intoxicating liquor.
- Casino, gambling casino, or gaming establishments.
- Businesses that provide adult-oriented entertainment in which performers disrobe or perform
in an unclothed state for entertainment.